ellabeereads

The Filipina Booknote

Hi I'm Ella! A piano teacher and a bookworm who found solace in fiction books and music.

Into the Still Blue

Into the Still Blue  - Veronica Rossi Exciting, heart wrenching and breathtaking. These were what I've thought of this earth-shattering conclusion to Veronica Rossi's trilogy. Aria and Perry overcame their differences, the resistance of the tribe to their relationship and distance. And now their facing their worst fears as they near their journey into the Still Blue.

“Fear is dangerous. It sparks violence much faster than anger.”

Never thought I’d say this but after reading this bittersweet conclusion, Aria and Perry became one of my favorite couples, and Perry and Roar’s friendship was now one of my favorite bromance(brotherly love). I saw how these three characters developed and improved and I must say that Rossi did a good job with these three. I also loved the platonic relationship between Aria and Roar, and how they were perfect as a boy-girl bestfriend. It proved that holding hands and bear hugs doesn't always meant intimacy, that sometimes it also brought comfort that words can not. I am so glad I got myself to finish the trilogy. This finale just showed me that teamwork is always possible especially if the world is ending. They crossed a lot of impossibilities and doubts in this story, they proved that everything can be bendable(is that even a word?).

“We all have the potential to do terrible things. But we also have the potential to overcome our mistakes.”

I was so into this book I found myself tearing up in some parts if the story. The love and friendship wasn't something hard to notice, and if it were possible I’d love to meet Aria, Perry and Roar. They faced grief and down moments without having any thoughts of giving up. Rossi did a good job making her characters feel connected with the readers, it felt as if I was with them every single time. I wanted to fist bump with Roar, tie Aria’s hair, and comfort Perry, AND murder Sable and let him bleed to death. Of course Aria and Perry never failed to cause flutters in my heart. This book wasn't just all about them being lovey-dovey, it showed their growth as a couple, as pair and partners. As leaders for the Outsiders and Dwellers. It was as if they were meant to be in each other’s life because they were the change the world was waiting for. The deviation that showed us that blood and tribe doesn't matter with love. Love crosses all boundaries even death and other impossibilities. They had issues and they weren't whiny, just being together was what made them fine even if they weren't really fine(yep, I know, ironic.)

“We have to tell each other the little things, the bad things. Maybe they’ll hurt for a while, but at least they won’t become big things. If we don’t, we’re just going to keep hurting each other. And I don’t want to do that anymore.”

This book had a lot of heartbreaking scenes though. (WARNING: SPOILER ALERT) Cinder had to be sacrificed and Roar had to continue his life without Liv. Honestly, I wasn't convinced that Liv really died after reading the second book. I was hoping for a twist or a miracle that would suddenly make her alive and appear again. Nevermind the fact that I really want to know her more, but my heart really bled for Roar in this book. Everyone had their way of grieving and he misunderstood Perry’s way. He thought he was alone in missing Liv and his heart was full of anger and revenge. All throughout their journey to the Still Blue, he was blaming himself for everything that had happened to Liv and Perry.

“Maybe his grief was like her wounded arm. Slowly healing. Gradually becoming les consuming as life delivered other worries and other joys. Other sources of pain and happiness. She wanted that for him. More life. More happiness.”

I am happy to say that I liked this conclusion, it was action packed, exciting and bittersweet. I was sad to see a few goodbyes but nevertheless it was good. It was touching and I had a great time finding Still Blue with Aria, Perry and Roar. I had to warn you though, not everyone may like this series but once you tried this you’ll notice the characters changing your mind with how you view this book. I cried, laugh and cringed with this book and I don’t regret picking up this series. I can't deny that I learned to love this series despite the disappointments I met when I started this series. Rossi did a good job with her characters and I have to applaud her for that. Reading this series was like Aria and Perry’s journey into the Still Blue, full of ups and downs and unexpected events,but full of love and strong bonds of friendships towards the end.