ellabeereads

The Filipina Booknote

Hi I'm Ella! A piano teacher and a bookworm who found solace in fiction books and music.

The Virgin Romance Novelist

The Virgin Romance Novelist - Meghan Quinn
It's all about the find when it comes to love, the moment when you meet the one person in your life you can't possibly live without, that was what intrigued me.

Rosie dreams of writing a successful romance novel by delivering love and passion through pages. She gets inspiration from reading lots of romance books, and dreams on finding her own true book boyfriend. But there's a problem, how is she suppose to write about sex when she has no experience at it? Thus, begins her journey to finding romance and the man who will finally end her virgin days.

The Virgin Romance Novelist had me crying from so much laughter right from the beginning. I was literally giggling and throwing my head back from chuckling so hard people around me were starting to look at me strangely, but I didn't care because they weren't reading this book.

Reading The Virgin Romance Novelist meant getting yourself inside a big ball of fluff and never getting out of it for days. I was in a book high for days and I never wanted it to disappear. It was THAT good of a book high.

Never mind those who looks at you strangely. LOL

It was full of awkward moments that every girl know happens once in a while in her life, and dating life. TVRN presented romance that was real and relatable. That finding love and being in a relationship isn't just all about hearts and flowers. That attraction may bring flutters to your heart, but it is love that will keep those flutters from going away. It was like having a girl talk with a book.
Isn't that how all romantics are, give love a chance? That was the sole basis of every romance novel out there; give love a chance.

I'm such an idiot. I'm that girl! I'm that girl you read in a romance novel that you want to shake uncontrollably and say, You idiot! He's the perfect man for you!

I loved every character in this book, major and minor.

Meghan Quinn created people, and not just characters, because you know deep down that even if these were fictional characters, once or twice, we get to meet these kind of people in our daily life. Rosie Bloom, the main character, was my favorite of all. She was adorable, funny and was very curious and naive it makes me love her more than dislike her. Being a writer herself, she'd even come to a point were she describes herself as "that girl", meaning that girl from romance novels who are very naive and stupid when they start to fall in love. This was a first for me, meeting a character who's literally talking to me while I'm reading her story. It was like the author putting her reader's mind on print and letting every romance book junkie's brain talk.

The romance was done very well and I liked it very much. I have to admit, it was a lovely feeling reading Rosie's love story unfold. It was like the male protagonist was hidden from you at the beginning and it will keep you guessing on who will be the lucky man and before you know it you've already fell in love with him. Rosie met a LOT of candidates aiming for her v-card but all throughout the story there will always be this one guy you can't help but root for. It was literally raining men on Rosie's life but none of those guys impressed except for the guy I rooted for. I pretty much started a prayer vigil for him to be "the guy" over Goodreads.

CHOOSE HIM! CHOOSE HIIIIIM!

The book is about Rosie looking to get her virginity away so one of my most anticipated scene was the sex scene. I was looking forward to it so much because everything was already good from the start that's why I expected so much. And oh boy, it was hot and romantic at the same time.

You know how in other books it was just passion and heat and intensity and uh thrusting, that are present during sex? TVRN had a totally different take on sex. Meghan Quinn didn't hold back on vulgarity and yet it didn't felt dirty. Instead, it was a beautiful and lovely moment for Rosie and you know that she chose well. I'm having a hard time coming up with words to describe the moment perfectly but would it be enough to tell you that it made me smile while reading it? It was tastefully done and I wouldn't have asked for any other way for the author to deliver it.

The story wasn't complex or anything heavy and was a perfect light read any day, any time, but maybe not anywhere because you're gonna laugh a lot and people WILL look at you strangely. Reading this was just like being inside Rosie's mind, it was very spontaneous. Seriously, I mean you know how our mind doesn't hold back on the things it thinks at wants to say but your mouth don't speak of it because it might be too crude? It was like that with this book. TVRN won't fail on lifting up your mood. It's so good I'm already planning on when to re-read it.

Might not be the best I've read, but everything was nicely done.

The punch lines were delivered well and it was at the right place and time. And the ending? Oh my. Even the ending was perfect. It wasn't dragged and was just the right way to end this amazing story. This book had my heart from the beginning until the end.
Love is funny. It comes in all different shapes and sizes. Sometimes it’s hard to find and sometimes it’s sitting right in front of you, waiting to be recognized. What I learned from all the books I’ve read and from the book that I’m writing is that no matter what, you have to work to find love. It isn’t a given and it isn’t instantaneous. It’s a privilege to find, and should never be taken lightly.

Isn't it already obvious? I LOVE THIS BOOK. EXTREMELY LOVE THIS BOOK. I forced to drag three days unto reading this because I loved it so much I never wanted it to end. You want light, fluffy, sexy, romantic book? Read this. Just a few pages in this book it already had landed on my favorites list and I hope it will be on yours too.